This continuing education (CE) activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners who provide care for women in any age bracket.
• CE Approval Period:Now through September 30, 2018
• Estimated Time to Complete This Activity: 1 hour
• CE Approval Hours: 1.0 Contact Hour of CE Credit
To inform nurse practitioners about several different types of hereditary breast and gynecologic cancer syndromes, including the pathogenic variants underlying them and their distinguishing characteristics.
This two-part article focuses on hereditary cancer syndromes associated with breast and gynecologic cancers. In part 1, the author provides background information about hereditary cancer, details several specific hereditary breast and gynecologic cancer syndromes (HBGCSs), and explains the gene alterations involved in these syndromes. In part 2, the author will describe ways that healthcare providers can identify women who may have one of these syndromes and who could therefore benefit from genetic risk assessment, counseling, and testing—processes she also discusses. The author will also explain how to interpret genetic test results and provide management recommendations for the two most common HBGCSs.
Successful completion of the activity:
Successful completion of this activity, J-17-03, requires participants to:
1. "Sign In” at the top right hand corner of the page if you have any NPWH account. You must be signed in to receive credit for this course. If you do not remember your username or password, please follow the "Forgot Password" link and instructions on the sign-in page. If you do not have an account, please click on "Create an Account".*
2. Read the learning objectives, disclosures, and disclaimers on the next page.
3. Study the material in the learning activity during the approval period (now through September 2018).
4. Complete the post-test and evaluation. You must earn a score of 70% or better on the post-test to receive CE credit
5. Print out the CE certificate if successfully completed.
You must be signed in to access this course. You can sign in at the top right-hand corner of the page.
*If you are an NPWH member, were once a member, or have taken CE activities with NPWH in the past, you have a username and password in our system. Please DO NOT create a new account. Creation of multiple accounts could result in loss of CE credits as well as other NPWH services. If you do not remember your username or password, please either click on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" links above or call the NPWH office at (202) 543-9693 ext. 1.